Our attendance in the week beginning 20/11/23 was 92%
To date this term our attendance is 92.4%
Calthorpe Park aims for 96% Attendance across all years
Why is good attendance important?
Good attendance is important because:
- Statistics show a direct link between under-achievement and absence below 95%
- Regular attenders make better progress, both socially and academically
- Regular attenders find school routines, school work and friendships easier to cope with
- Regular attenders find learning more satisfying
- Regular attenders are more successful in transferring between primary school, secondary school, and higher education, employment or training.
- There are only 190 directed teaching days allocated to an academic year. This highlights there are 175 days where students are not in school. Please arrange any appointments, etc. during these days if possible.
Calthorpe Park School’s data shows a direct correlation between high attendance and improved academic outcomes. Here are our 2023 results:
|Greater than 95% attendance||5.63|
|Less than 80% attendance||3.2|