Poetry Competition - Years 7-9
To celebrate National Poetry Day on 7th October, this year Calthorpe Park School is running an exciting poetry writing competition open to all students in Years 7-9!
Your poem should focus on the theme of ‘Autumn’ . You could think about:
Halloween and Bonfire night
The changes in the natural scenery around us
The feeling of a ‘fresh start’ that a new season brings
Anything else you love about Autumn!
Terms and Conditions for entry:
• Each poem must be typed. Entries should be submitted via email to Mrs Clifton (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information: Name, tutor group & year group.
• Poems must be original work of the competitor, in English, and must not have been published, broadcast or have won a competition prize.
• No alterations can be made to a poem once it has been submitted.
• The name of the entrant must not appear on the poem itself.
• The decision of the judge is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• One winner and one runner up will be chosen from each year group.
• Winning entries will be published in the CPS newsletter this December. Winners will also receive an Amazon voucher to reward their efforts!
• All entries must be received by Friday 29th October 2021.
• Prize winners will be notified by email by Friday 19th November 2021.
Back to Homepage